Sit back and relax
14 days South African Adventure
with R62 Adventure Tours, because we care!!
On this trip you don't have to worry about driving, safety, renting a car or a guide, we have that covered. On top you have the liberty to choose the accommodation according to your budget and needs in the towns given below, we will still book them for you or you can leave the choice to us.
Day 1: Arrival at Cape Town (+/- 210km)
- Our shuttle service will be at the airport to give you a warm South African Welcome.
- Depending on arrival time we will do a short guided tour in Cape Town Centre before driving you via the heart of the historic winelands to the border of the Klein Karoo to the Town of roses, wine and Muskadel; Montagu.
- You spend the night at Mountain View Lodge Montagu***
Day 2 : Acclimatising with a guided wine-tasting-tour in the Robertson Wine Valley (+/- 80km)
- We are visiting up to 4 wine estates each with its own different style, from wineries that produce millions of litres per year to have you create, bottle and label your own wine.
- You spend the night at Mountain View Lodge Montagu ***
Day 3 : Route 62, the Karoo, Swartberg Pass and some serious off-roading (+/- 310km)
- We leave Montagu, the beginning of the Route 62, the longest wine route, early in the morning. Along majestic mountains we work our way up further towards the Great Karoo, to find Ronnie’s Sex Shop, a bar in the middle of nowhere as our on-route stop. Before crossing one of the most beautiful off-road mountain passes in South Africa, the ostriches in Oudtshoorn await our visit.
- You spend the night in Prince Albert
Day 4 : Caves, mountain passes from the dessert to the coast. (+/-170km)
- Considering the beauty of the Swartberg Pass, we are crossing it again in different direction to find ourselves underground exploring the Cango caves. We bid the ostriches of the Karoo a farewell, before going off-road again on the Montagu Pass for some breath-taking spectacular mountains and valleys. Time permitting a visit to Wilderness National Park, close to our Resting place for the night.
- You spend the night in Wilderness
Day 5 : Along the coast from Nature Reserve to Nature Reserve (+/-240km)
- Our tour today will take us over the Provincial Borders, driving along the Indian Ocean via Wilderness National Park, Knysna, Garden Route National Park, Tsisikamma National Park all the way down to St Fancis Bay in the Eastern Cape.
- You spend the night near St Francis Bay
Day 6 : Warm water , beautiful beaches and elephants (+/- 170km)
- Our coastal trips continues along the warm waters of the Indian Ocean to the city of sunshine and sandy beaches in Port Elizabeth. The perfect complement to the garden route, this major sea port is set along the shores of Algoa Bay.
- You spend the night in Addo
Day 7 & 8: Addo Elephant Park
- Established in 1931 to save 11 Elephants on the brink ofextinction and now home tomore than 350 of them 280 Cape Buffalo black Rhino a range of Antelope species as well as the rare flightless dung Beetle Addo Elephant Park is a perfect destination for the adventurous outdoor and nature lover. Addo Elephant Park a sanctuary for a wide range of South Africa's Wildlife is located in the 120 000 ha of land in the thick bushveld of the Sundays River in the Eastern Cape. The park the third largest in South Africa offers a wide range of game viewing and outdoor activities which include horse-riding guided walking hiking and 4x4 trails and a picnic area for day visitors. Nothing could be better if you are a bush lover.
- You spend two nights in Addo
Day 9 : The Garden Route (+ /- 460 km)
- As we leave the Eastern Cape and enter theWestern Cape we follow the Garden Route via Jeffeys Bay, Knysna and George to end our day trip in the half-way city between Cape Town and Port Elizabethm Mossel Bay
- You spend the night in Mossel Bay
Day 10 : The Southernmost point of the African continent (+/-410km)
- The Garden Route continues towards Cape Town but a turn-off in Swellendam is inevitable as is going down to the coast to visit the most southern tip of Africa where the Atlantic and the Indian Oceans meet.
- You spend the night at Mountain View Lodge Montagu***
Day 11 : Farmland, Whales (July-November), Penguins and False Bay (+/-287km)
- Via wide stretched Farmlands along mountains our trips takes usdown to the coast. From July tillNovember the playgrounds for the southern right whales only one town has a Whale-Cryer Hermanus. Driving along the Botrivier Lagoon we end up on the Whale Route bringing us to the real penguin colony of the Cape. From here we follow False Bay to end our day trip in the coastal town of Kalk Bay.
- You spend the night in Kalk Bay
Day 12 : Cape Point, Cape of Good Hope – Cape Town (+/- 140km)
- Where False Bay ends Cape of Good Hope begins following the breath-taking coastal road we arrive at Cape of Good Hope National Park. This point marks the point where a ship begins to travel more eastward than southward. From the Lighthouse we travel the Cape Peninsula straight into Cape Town.
- You spend the night in Cape Town
Day 13 & 14 : Cape Town – Table Mountain
This part of chauffeur-driven our trip offers 2 options
- Option 1 : You spend 2 days exploring Cape Town on your own. Cape Town offers plenty means of transport, like the Hop-on Hop-off Bus taxis, etc
- Option 2 : We guide/drive you to places worth visiting in Cape Town, from Table Mountain to the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
Day 15 : Goodbye
- Our shuttle will bring you to Cape Town International Airport
Advantages of this way of traveling:
- You sit back and relax while we drive
- No need to hire a car
- No need to buy maps or rent a GPS we know the way
- No worries about getting lost or driving on the wrong side of the road
- Petrol (fuel) costs are included
- At all-time you have someone with local knowledge at your disposal
- Your safety is our concern and part of our business
- You have an estimate in advance what your organised vacation spending's will be.
- For this trip we use only comfortable air-conditioned Land Rover Discovery’s.
- Each Land Rover can take up to 6 passengers, the larger your group the less the cost per person will be.
- The total distance driven during this trip will be close to 2500 km’s.
- Our tours take place in a Malaria free area. No anti-malaria precautions are therefore necessary. You are however advised to bring insect repellent during the summer.
- All our driver/guides speak fluent English, Dutch and Afrikaans.
- Airplane tickets to and from Cape Town are to be booked and paid by the guest. We can assist in booking tickets.
- Petrol (fuel-cost), accommodation for the driver/guide are included.
- The costs for the trip are payable 50% at the time of the booking and need to be paid in full at least 14 days before arrival. A single quotation will be made per tour.
- All entrance fees to parks and attractions are payable by the guest. For some parks it is necessary for the car and driver/guide to enter, those fee are also to be paid by the guest. Fees aren’t that high but we prefer to keep it fair and not charge our guest extra to pay their entrance fees.
- Game drive in Ado Elephant Park is R300 per person
- On average entrance fees for National parks are between R70 and R150 per person
- Cango Cave entrance fee and guided tour is R105 per person
- Additional Big 5 Safari Game drive (while you stay in Cape Town or in Addo) Between R1000 and R1850 per person, including Meals and transport.
- All accommodation can be booked by us, prices vary from R350 to … per person per night sharing. We consider R450 a reasonable average to spend on accommodation per night per person on B&B basis, but you decide the type and thus the rates of the accommodation.
- Food, drinks and items bought on the way are not included and are payable by the guest
- For groups of 5 and more luggage capacity is limited. An additional 4x4 trailer will be provided to take all luggage on the trip. This will result in a total extra cost of 9000 ZAR per vehicle.
- It is common that the driver/guide receives a tip in the vicinity of 10% after completion of the trip. If the guests were satisfied.
Using option 1 (Day 13&14) the driver/guide/transport cost for this 14 day, 2500 km trip is 29500 Rand per vehicle. According to the exchange rate on January 28th 2016 this equals 1690 Euro, 1290 British Pounds or 1845 US Dollars. 9000 ZAR has to be added in case of groups from 5 people or more for the 4x4 trailer.
Using option 2 (Day 13&14) the driver/guide/transport cost for this 14 day, 2700 km trip is 32000 Rand per vehicle. According to the exchange rate on January 28th 2016 this equals 1830 Euro, 1399 British Pounds and 1830 US Dollars. 9000 ZAR has to be added in case of groups from 5 people or more.
From 6417 Rand, 368 Euro, 281 British Pounds, 400 US Dollar per person (group of 6) you get a driver/guide with a 4x4, fuel cost included at your disposal for 15 days.
Cost example, 14 nights accommodation, 3 entrance fees for National Parks, guided tour in the Cango Caves and two game drives. Based on 2 guests sharing a double room in B&B. is 6700 ZAR per person sharing a double room.
Total cost example (based on a group of 4) including driver/guide/transport, accommodation B&B, 2 game drives, 3 National Parks is 14700ZAR per person sharing a double room or 820 Euro. All you have to bring now is lunch-, dinner-, beverage- and souvenir shopping money.
Total cost example (based on a group of 6) including driver/guide/transport, accommodation B&B, 2 game drives, 3 National Parks is 13117 ZAR per person sharing a double room or 750 Euro, 574 British Pounds, 818 Us Dollars. All you have to bring now is lunch-, dinner-, beverage- and souvenir shopping money.
Total cost example (for just the 2 of you) including driver/guide/transport, accommodation B&B, 2 game drives, 3 National Parks is 22700ZAR per person sharing a double room or 1252 Euro. All you have to bring now is lunch-, dinner-, beverage- and souvenir shopping money.
Above USD, EURO, BPD are an indication calculated on the exchange rate on 28/01/2016.
The Prices in ZAR are valid until November 15th 2016.
Cost examples are an indication, based on average accommodation prices, they can vary according to season and accommodation type.
Book your trip now or contact us for any additional information on
+27 (0)72 927 86 35 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit your local travel agent and ask them to contact us.
R62 Adventure Tours is part of Cebeon-Somerlinck Group established in 1997