3 days, 2 nights - Coast, Country side, Wine, Fine Food, Klein-Karoo & the Big Five
If you’re looking to see more of the incredible countryside without driving then our tailor-made trips is the experience for you. Our tours ventures into the gems of the Klein Karoo, The Garden Route, Tsitsikamma and Addo, offering travellers contrasting landscapes from mountain passes and untouched beaches to safari drives and one-on-one encounters with Africa’s biggest mammal. Our trips should be on your South African to-do-list. To complete your visit to SA. From blending your own wine, to a river cruise, a braai with new friends at the foot of the Langeberg mountains. Whether it’s a one day, two, three, four days or longer trip, we guarantee the pure joy of a private road trip! For the traveller looking to experience a little bit of everything that the Western Cape and the Eastern Cape has to offer. Good times await!
We leave the Mother City via the coastal Whale Route, our first stop towards the famous whale watching town of Hermanus, is at Stoney Point, for a visit of the real penguin colony. If it is whale watching season, we certainly hope to catch a more than just a glimpse of these incredible animals from different vantage points.
You'll also get to meet the well-known whale caller of Walker Bay. Our journey then takes us north-east to one of the Cape’s largest wine and farm regions. Enjoy a bottle of wine on the viewing deck after as you look over the town Montagu and enjoy the mountains. Optional; While we light the fire and prepare a traditional South African Braai. You'll love this location!
The Robertson Wine Valley, is good for almost 20% of the total wine production in South Africa and is the home of multiple award winning wineries. After a continental breakfast we leave on a full day wine tasting tour. We will show you the whole process form grape to wine, with in-cellar walks, we will even explain the art of wine blending and have you create your own personal bottled blend. A river cruise and lunch pick-nick is additional available upon request.
To stay in the wine spirit, we are serving fondue Bourguignonne, a Oil fondue, where diners cook their food in hot oil. The legend goes that vineyard workers in the region of Burgundy would come in for meals at different times, which meant it was difficult to have a hot meal ready for everyone.
After a peaceful night in the Klein Karroo, we start our trip, before breakfast, via the Cape fruit region and the scenic mountain passes along the Langeberg Mountains. But our trip hasn’t come to an end yet. Once we come to our first stop of the day, we will enjoy a full buffet breakfast, followed by and open vehicle safari in search of the Big Five. Before heading back to Cape Town, we are going to enjoy a traditional South African lunch.
2 persons: R16.500 ZAR / 1000 Euro / 1066 USD / 885 GBP per person (sharing a double room)
4 persons: R 13.400 ZAR / 805 Euro / 855 USD / 710 GBP per person (sharing a vehicle)
6 persons: R 12.100 ZAR / 725 Euro / 775 USD / 645 GBP per person (sharing a vehicle)
Currency other than ZAR are indications only and not a 100% correct reflection of the actual rate.
- Pick up and drop off from accommodation/airport /central point in Cape Town
- All transportation
- All accommodation at Mountain View Lodge Montagu 3*+ (2 Nights)
- Knowledgeable tour companion
- Fondue Bourguignonne Experience
- Breakfasts on all days
- Visit to diverse wineries, all tastings and Wine Experience
- Blend, bottle and name your own bottle of wine (1 bottle per couple)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- 2 to 3 hour Big Five Safari
- Lunch on day 3
- African Braai (BBQ) Experience (R250 pp)
- Additional food and beverages
- River cruise (R100 pp)
- Personal expenses
What to bring:
- A camera to take awesome photos!
- Spending money to buy gifts for those at home
- Sun cream (it can get really hot in summer)
- Warmer clothes for the winter months
- Lots of positivism and good feels!
Conditions, Difficulty Level & Special Requests
- This trip requires minimum 2 participants
- The physical activity of this tour is low
- Inform us if you are vegetarian, vegan or have any other dietary restrictions
- If you'd like us to customize your tour to suit your needs or perhaps your particular budget or if you have questions then please don’t hesitate to contact us